WHAT TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information can include the following:
- your title, forename and surname;
- your personal or work related (depending on which you choose to submit) e-mail address and your password (which allow us to create your user account and send you information, correspondence and support emails);
- your personal or work related contact details (depending on which you choose to submit) such as your telephone number(s), fax numbers and postal address;
- job title and employment status;
- employer details;
- your contact and marketing preferences;
- if you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways – demographics information and information about subjects that may interest you;
- information necessary for legal compliance; and/or
- where you “like” us or make posts on our pages on social networking websites, such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
This information will be collected primarily from you as information voluntarily provided to us directly or via your employer.
WHAT OTHER INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND WHY?
In addition, we may also record phone conversations to offer you additional security, resolve complaints, for staff training purposes and to improve our service standards.
When you use any of the services below, you may need to provide us with personal information so that we can liaise with you in order to deal with your support requests. If you do choose to provide us with your personal information, we will collect that information for our own use and for the purposes described in this Policy.
• use our ‘live chat’ facility to speak to one of our support staff;
• contact us by email for support or advise;
• create an account using our Customer Portal (launching in July 2018);
• sign up to receive our various newsletters by email; and
• be notified of products and/or services that may be of interest to you (based the services we offer).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- to respond and/or deal with your support request, enquiry or “Live Chat” questions;
- to improve our products and services and to ensure that content from the sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (or other electronic Internet-enabled device);
- for internal record keeping;
- to contact you by e-mail or phone for any of the above reasons;
- subject to your consent where required under applicable laws, to carry out direct marketing and/or e-mail marketing;
- where necessary as part of any restructuring of the Company or sale of the Company’s business or assets;
- to perform any contract the Company has with you or your employer;
- for compliance with our legal, regulatory and other good governance obligations; and
- to analyse trends and customer journeys in using and accessing our services.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and may be updated from time to time as business needs and legal requirements dictate. Some of the personal information that we maintain will be kept in paper files, while other personal information will be included in computerised files and electronic databases.
In addition, we may use your personal information as necessary for the exercise of our legitimate business interests and needs (subject to data protection laws).
We may convert your personal information into anonymous form and use it (normally on an aggregated statistical basis) for research and analysis purposes, such as to improve the services we offer.
Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission (setting up email addresses, account login settings, etc) or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Your data may also be used to offer you other products, but only where permitted.
HOW TO FIND OUT MORE
DOES THE COMPANY SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We may share personal information within the Company as needed for reasonable management, analysis, planning and decision making, including in relation to taking decisions regarding the expansion and promotion of our product and service offering, order or customer request fulfilment and for use by those companies for the other purposes described in this Policy.
Your personal information may also be made available to third parties providing relevant services under contract to the Company (see below for further details).
This may also include providers of data storage and database hosting services, IT hosting and IT maintenance services. These companies may only use information about you to perform functions on our behalf.
We may disclose specific information upon lawful request by government authorities, law enforcement and regulatory authorities where required or permitted by law and for tax or other purposes. Your personal information may also be made available to third parties or partners where necessary as part of any restructuring of the Company or sale of the Company’s business or assets.
We will not sell your personal information to any third party other than as part of any restructuring of the Company or sale.
WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE TRANSFERRED ABROAD?
As part of this, including for instance where we work with service providers, your personal information may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area which don’t have equivalent standards of protection under their legislation and on these occasions, we take other steps to protect the data as required under applicable data protection laws.
MANAGING YOUR MARKETING PREFERENCES
We will obtain your consent and advise you of how to opt-out of receiving such communications where we are required to do so in accordance with applicable law, for example by clicking the “unsubscribe” link on any email that we send to you or by emailing our helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Please note that marketing communications are not the same as “information only” communications and that consents are not usually required in order for us to communicate with you about the services you (or your employer) has enquired about or have signed up to obtain from us.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
KEEPING YOU INFORMED
The Company may keep your details on record for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out above and will then endeavour to delete your details in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
By using our sites, submitting your personal information to us, registering an account, requesting support or interacting with us in other ways, you consent to the use of your personal information as described in this Policy (as amended from time to time).